Re: cd-rw for old cdrom drivers (8x)

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:54:20PM -0300, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

  	What cdrecord options should I use in order to make the disk
  readable by olders cdrom drivers (8x, 4x, 16x, etc)?

the cd-rom drive must be capable of reading cd-rw disk, and as a very
general rule only those with speeds >= 16x or 24x will work (not because of
the speed, but rather because of how recent they are). so it's not a
question of how do you burn the cd-rw, but if the cd reader you want to use
can handle cd-rw.

  	I've tried in a 8x and wasn't able to read even it works fine on
  a 44x one.

so the disc is burnt just fine, it looks like your 8x reader doesn't handle
cd-rw discs.

hope this helps you,

alberto