Re: dhcp

dhcp-client is indeed the package you want. Post the error messages you get during
install.

In order to run a gateway for your external interface you'll want to set up IP
Masquerading and then have all your other boxes point to your linux box as their
default gateway. In order to get IP Masq. going you'll need to get your kernel loading
the masq. modules and then configure the masquerading using ipfwadm or ipchains
depending on your kernel. Please look at the IP Masquerading HOWTO for details:
http://www.linux.org/help/ldp/howto/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html