Text editor with good Perl syntax highlighting (was Re: Re[2]: Simple Text Editor with Synatx highlighting?)

on 5/23/00 11:28 AM, Steve Lamb at morpheus@rpglink.com wrote:

> Not to mention I fail to see how Emacs got into the discussion of "Simple
> Text Editor..."  Lisp interpreters with dillusions of OShood doesn't meet any
> of those three words.

editor with best Perl syntax highlighting", without a concomitant change in
subject line. (X)Emacs certainly qualifies, despite it's editing functions
being only a subset of it's full functionality.

That said, could we pretty please with sugared bits on it not have this
flame fest again?

john.

--
           [ John S Jacobs Anderson ]------><URL:mailto:jacobs@genehack.org>