Re: Epson 760 Inkjet + Debian "Potato" = Does it work ?

Justin Megawarne (solitude@kholmes.dhis.net) wrote:

> And Oliver Hingst bestowed upon us all:
> > Hi
> > I am planning on purchasing an Epson Inkjet 760 printer.  Has anyone
> > have this type of printer and does everything work (i.e. Colour
> > printing, etc.)? I would like to use it with Staroffice and other
> > applications.

I just went through this.. I finally decided on an Epson Stylus Color
900. Currently I can only print at 360 DPI with ghostscript, but
eventually I'll get around to making it do 720 and 1440DPI. The quality
at 360DPI seems to be very close to the Windows driver. For text I
cannot see a difference.

> aaaaaaaaaargh! no! they work under linux but they SUCK! Epson inkjets are /bad/, get a HP =)

Epson printers are good quality and the drivers (for Mac/Windows) are
excellent! Now if they'd just make GPL'ed drivers for ghostscript... Not
many printers can do 1444DPI and HP printers seem to lag behind in
quality and speed.

JMHO,

Ron
--