RE: Realtime sched and floppy (Was: Re: rawrite broken from DOS-box under W98? (Was: Re: thinkpad install prob))

I had the original thinkpad problem. Turns out I was making the floppies
correctly (rawrite2 in plain DOS)--for some reason my TP didn't like
slink (or at least the source of those files). I have sucessfully installed
potato (16 floppies@1.44MB) and am now thoroughly and happily confused
(thanks to Gary in Wien for suggesting it!). I am resisting the urge to
query the list daily (actually I'm too busy this week to do so) and plan
to R all TFMs.

Related to another thread, has there been any discussion of a
newbie-list@debian? perhaps some of the more experienced folk could
rotate monitoring it. Just a thought. Thanks to all for allowing me to
learn a little through osmosis.

Mike Skipper