Re: I see everything twice.

At 11:25 PM 5/21/00 -0600, montefin wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>How come I'm receiving two of most replies from this list. Not that I'm
>complaining. The advice I receive here is ten times as informed and
>actionable as from any other user-list. Just curious.

See if you get two copies of this one. If you don't, then the answer is
simple: you get two copies because the message is sent both to your e-mail
address and to the list.

That's a common occurrance on lists that don't use Reply-to: munging
(please, everyone, this is just an explanation, not an attempt to open an
argument about the merits of the two approaches!), because it is the easiest
way for most people to include the list in replies. For example, I received
two copies of your message describing your good experiences with SouthWest
Cyberport and James.

And no, I don't recognize the line.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com