RE: Please help - network incredibly slow...

> A couple of general comments...
>
> You don't have standard PC hardware - regular PCs only have IRQs
> 0-15 whereas you're using IRQ 18 & 19.  I assume that they are
> supported on your hardware, but if your problem relates to your
> specific platform then those familiar with your platform may be
> better-equipped to comment.

That's okay on a dual proc system. They're two stock P2-400s -
no other platform, really.

> The second machine you have seems to have a lot of problems with
> eth0 - 14 framing errors in 333 packets is very high.

What IS a framing error? Also, the switch will show collisions
when transfering data from this machine (lots and lots), even
though it's basically on its own networkt segment.

> Have you tried replacing your cable/NIC on that end?

Cable yes, NIC no - I'll try.

I've got two more questions:

1) How much throughput should I get on
	FTP get
	FTP put

on 100 mbit/s? If between 3 and 5.5 MB/sec is ok, then really this
second machine is the only thing broken...

2) Any idea why transfers on the first one flood all consoles with
error messages?

Thanks

Christian