Re: Stuck...

Le sam, 20 mai 2000, w trillich a écrit :

> > Hazelwood wrote:
> I have typed in numerous characters and numbers to no avail.

> > Trillich answered :
> if you say 'to no avail' to mean 'nothing happens'
> then maybe your keyboard isn't configured correctly...?
> try 'help' or 'man ls' or 'startx'...

I always also suggest to try 'mc' (assuming MidNight Commander is installed)
because it is always a good feeling for a new user to go as far as a file
manager of some sort -in this case a very good one.  Nothing means more when
you begin than knowing you have something like a copy, edit, delete control
over the beast. ! And If you go that far, please use the 'see' command of MC to
look at files in /etc.  You will immediatly feel you have just successfully
made a first step in the new world of freedom. Good luck  !

AR