Re: init - autostarts

Dominic> all that "starting syslogd", "starting inetd" etc
Dominic> when you're booting, it's controlled by init, right?
Dominic> how do i tell it not to start the things I'd rather
Dominic> not be running?

if you're wondering about things like scsi-initialization
and isdn setup, then i say "me too". they seem to happen BEFORE
the /etc/init.d/* scripts get called from /etc/rc*.d/S* . . .

how about it? where can we turn off scsi probing or isdn scans?