Re: APM Disable

my monitor shots off (led in front stays on, but no scan lines
show up even at maximum brightness) in console mode after
a few minuntes. xwindows ain't even running.

before running into debian i'd tried freebsd, and their
default install had a neat set of screensavers in console
mode that switched to some kind of graphic mode, for
traveling star fields & so forth, without xwindows
running anywhere.

some may not like the screen blanking, or want to change
the parameters; i like it because linux sits in my basement
serving and listening and logging while i do my work via
telnet from upstairs.

on my setup i think the poweroff feature is in bios...
unless the console mode (no xwindows) has a screensaver
option?

Their is five errers in this sentance.