Re: APM Disable

Jay Kelly wrote:

> It look like the monitor doesnt shutoff, the led on the front of the monitor
> doesnt even change. I think whats happening is maybe a screen saver that
> black is coming on. How do I see if thats the case.

Try "xset -q" which will display the current X settings. Look in that
list to see if DPMS (Energy Star stuff) is enabled or disabled. Also
look in that list to see if the Screen Saver's "prefer blanking" is
"yes" or "no".

To turn off DPMS, "xset -dpms".

To turn off screen saver, "xset s off".

Or at least that's what I understand from briefly looking at "man xset"
and the result of "xset".