Re: Why is the Debian home page so boring?

Petr Cech wrote:

> On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:47:36AM +0200 , Svante Signell wrote:
> > Following is a proposal on what to emphasize on the FIRST page:
> >
> > 1. Rewrite the Getting Started section, e.g. inform about the large
> >    number of architectures and packages supported. This surely
> >    attracts new users.
> > 2. Something on apt-get, and upgrading from the web.
> > 3. Rewrite the News section, e.g. add links to recent packages
> >    available, with highlights, updated frequently.
> > 4. In addition to the Weekly News link, add more frequent updates to
> >    the News section. Surely, by following the excellent mailing lists,
> >    you realize much more is happening than what is reported on the
> >    first page.
>
> so you volunteer to do it? :)

svante--

go ahead and volunteer if you dare. i'd dare, but i'm
afraid i'd let everyone down with my limited time. i'd
be happy to be your backup/secondary/support weenie,
tho...! (we gotta put something back into this wonderful
debian machine sooner or later, right? why not now?)

Their is five errers in this sentance.