Re: APM Disable

Hoi Jay!

  Jay> After a few minutes my monitors shut due to APM. Where do I
  Jay> shutoff APM? I checked the bios and didnt see anything dor the
  Jay> monitor.  Any sugestion would be great

How about setting your monitor's turn off time?  Under X xset, under
console setterm can do the job for you.

For ex:

  xset dpms 120 120 16200

Blanks the screen after 2 minutes, and turns off the monitor after
16200/60 = 27 minutes.  (You might insert that line into your
.xinitrc.)

With setterm, look for the -powersave switch in the manual!

--
ignotus
                                                   "Never make any mistaeks."