Re: APM Disable

Jay Kelly wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> After a few minutes my monitors shut due to APM. Where do I shutoff APM? I
> checked the bios and didnt see anything dor the monitor.
> Any sugestion would be great
>
> --

According to the only package I found on Debian's site concerning APM (apmd): The
Debian default kernel does *not* contain APM support, because it causes problems on
some computers.

So unless you've recompiled your kernel for APM, it's probably only a screen saver
blanker instead of APM, or it's built into the monitor itself and is perhaps
activated after the screen saver kicks in.

Does the monitor's power light go off or start flashing, or does the screen just go
blank?

I don't remember how to change the screen saver settings, but a quick search of the
Debian Mail archives should turn up something for you, as that's discussed fairly
regularly on this list.