Re: apt-get install or upgrade from stored archive

You should change your sources.list and use file:// instead of ftp or http
to install from a local file, however I think the directory structure
won't be good AND ther won't be any packages.gz, furthermore you should
find some kind of force-downgrade options in apt-get. I think you should
use dpkg to downgrade in this case.

By the way, what do you mean: messed up the system, what went wrong,
perhaps it'll be easier to fix it!

Ron Rademaker