Re: Looking for a backup tool...

"Gary Hennigan" <glhenni@sandia.gov> writes:

> Better yet, there are quite a few backup utilities that do this type
> of thing for you automatically.  I use afbackup and like it very
> much, although it's a client/server system so a bit tough to set up.
> GNU Tar can do this automatically as well using its "--incremental"
> argument.  I'm sure there are at least a couple more available
> pre-packaged as *.deb files that I'm missing.

I'm using `tob' after looking into several options including afbackup.
I guess it depends a lot on your needs.  For mine afbackup seemed like
overkill.  I only need to backup user data on a small group server, 10
or so users.

The nice thing with tob is that you can make full, differential (all
changes since last full backup) and incremental (all changes since
last backup of any type).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development