Re: Looking for a backup tool...

Oswald Buddenhagen <ob6@inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> > Does anyone know of a program that will give you a list of files changed
> > since a certain date?  It would be extremely useful for backups,
> > because you could just back up files that were changed since your
> > last backup...
> >
> find should do the job.

Better yet, there are quite a few backup utilities that do this type
of thing for you automatically. I use afbackup and like it very much,
although it's a client/server system so a bit tough to set up. GNU Tar
can do this automatically as well using its "--incremental"
argument. I'm sure there are at least a couple more available
pre-packaged as *.deb files that I'm missing. Go to

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

and search for "backup" in frozen or stable.

Gary