Re: Apache + PHP3 + MySQL = big mess

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 03:16:20PM +0100, Oliver Hingst wrote
> Hello,
> I am using Debian "Potato" and I use Apache, PHP3 and every modules
> containing "php3" and "mysql" and MySQL server and client.
> I am going through a tutorial on DevShed (http://www.devshed.com) on
> creating a web database.  I have checked that PHP3 has been installed
> and runs properly.  No problems there.  I checked the MySQL
> configuration and set-up the relevant users and permissions.  No
> problems there, either.  I then had a look at my httpd.conf file, to see
> what modules were being loaded.  I saw that the libphp3.so and a
> mod_auth_mysql.so are uncommented.  I then wrote this PHP3 script:

You need the php3, mysql-server and php3-mysql packages, which
from what you say are probably installed.

Most likely, you didn't check that the line
extension=mysql.so

appears in /etc/php3/{apache,cgi}/php3.ini

HTH,

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au