Re: Making my vt320 useful

TERM was set to vt320.  I have switched my inittab to say:
T1:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -Lhwi ttyS1 38400 wy185
now though, so not TERM is wy185 (which is the model of my terminal).
i don't think the /etc/gettydefs is necessary anyways since i specify
my terminal type as an argument to getty.

having switched terminal types, my situation has changed a bit.  i now
have a few different problems (but things are a bit better in
general):

1. if my terminal is on while i boot it gets all sort of ugly weird
characters on it.

2. the arrow keys don't function as arrow keys in the shell (instead
of getting my history when i hit up i get a listing of tab-completions
and a trailing 'A').  the arrows do work, however, in jed (emacs like
editor).

3. i can only run jed once.  it works perfectly the first time,
arrows, escape, all the Control-key combos i want.  however, the
second time i run it i just get junk on my screen...a whole bunch of
weird escape sequences and a lot of beeping from an unhappy terminal.

any ideas on how to fix these?

eric.