Re: Upgrading to "potato"

On 16-May-2000 Brad wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 09:51:19PM +0300, Lehel Bernadt wrote:
>>
>> No, dselect will not try to install everything, but I suggest to use apt-get
>> only and not bother with dselect's apt method. It will give you a bunch of
>> dependency problems, and screw up your existing configuration.
>
> Odd, since i use the dselect apt method all the time and it has never
> screwed up my configuration or given me major dependancy problems

Do you mean while upgrading from slink to potato ?

> Since the dselect apt method uses apt-get to do the actual download and
> upgrade, dselect with the apt method should be just as intelligent as
> apt-get.

Oh yes, but my problem is that if I use the apt method from dselect I won't
be able to use the slink CDs (without changing the acces method, of course). So
I have two separate available-packages databases: one for dselect(dpkg) & slink,
the other for apt-get & potato.