Re: How to change log rotation schedule

    Paul> I would like for /var/log/mail.* to rotate daily instead of weekly.  When I
    Paul> use syslogd-listfiles, it verifies mail.* is configured to rotate weekly.  I
    Paul> checked the syslogd script in /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly.  They
    Paul> are all running as the they should calling savelog according to
    Paul> configuration.

    Paul> How do I change configuration to rotate mail.* daily?  If there is a
    Paul> configuration file, I can't find the rascal anywhere.  A book mentioned
    Paul> /etc/logrotate.d, but I think this only applies to Caldera.  I would assume
    Paul> debian has a similar file ...

 `logrotate' (from Red Hat Software) is packaged in Potato, but is not
 used by everything yet.  (Grep the list archives on debian-policy and
 debian-devel for it if you're interested in how the discussion about
 that went.)

 You can install it, RTFM (and RTFS if you feel like it), then use it
 to customize your log rotation setup.  It works very well.