How to change log rotation schedule

I would like for /var/log/mail.* to rotate daily instead of weekly.  When I
use syslogd-listfiles, it verifies mail.* is configured to rotate weekly.  I
checked the syslogd script in /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly.  They
are all running as the they should calling savelog according to
configuration.

How do I change configuration to rotate mail.* daily?  If there is a
configuration file, I can't find the rascal anywhere.  A book mentioned
/etc/logrotate.d, but I think this only applies to Caldera.  I would assume
debian has a similar file ...

--
Paul McHale
   Work:   937-253-7610          Double E Solutions