RE: S3, S3V, or XF86_SVGA server

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Andrew McRobert wrote:

> I'd be interested in any variants of the XF86_SVGA server for Savage cards
> that you've got ... X Windows is saying that I'm running a unrecognised S3
> chipset ... then defaults to VGA server @ 640x480 ....
>
> Andrew

Hello again,

Personally, the first server I got my Savage card running with was the
XF86_S3SAV which can be found at

http://developer.creative.com/linux ,

filename is "XF86_Savage4-1.0.tar.gz". This one's listed there as server
for the Creative 3D Blaster which also has a Savage4 chipset on it, but,
actually, my Diamond Stealth III worked fine with it. If that doesn't
work, you'll find some other Savage-server at

http://www.s3planet.force9.co.uk/sections/files/drivers/x/

...where the current version was posted on May 12. Guess it's the latest
Savage driver update I've known so far, especially since there aren't any
XF4.0 driver files at the moment... :((((
Hope this helps... If not, would you mind posting me something like a "cat
/proc/pci" or at least the part from there where there's information about
your display adapter? Has several Savage chipsets right now, and some are
(at least to me) known to be a little difficult to handle even though
they're listed as "supported" in the XF86 driver list...

Okay.... Bye, have a nice day. :)

Kris