LLP Modem problems

Hi all

Has anyone experienced the problem where uucp system produces Low Level
Protocol (LLP) errors?

ie.  our system uploads hl7files to a mailbox via uucp... when i dial up
the mailbox and download the hl7 files (emulating a doctors practice) i get
a random amount of LLP/CRC errors.  But most of the files are ok.

I have tried changing modems and playing with the modem settings etc. but
to no avail.  So now I am asking around...

BTW, this is an AIX box... sorry if this offends anyone.

Zane