Stylus Color 850/magicfilter -- color problem

Hi.

  I just installed an Epson Stylus Color 850 on a Debian box running
  woody, gs-aladdin 5.50, magicfilter 1.2-39 and lprng
  3.6.12-5. Kernel is 2.3.99-pre6.

  I've tried all filters available for the Stylus Color 800.

  It works great, except that I have a color problem...

- Red is printed sometimes as brown, sometimes as orange, and seldom
  as red (depending on the file being printed);
- Green and blue are sort of darker than they appear on screen (I
  mean, dark enough to make a big difference);

- Now, cyan and yellow are ok. I think pink is almost perfect
  too... (That's what Id expect, since these are the ink colors).

  I went through quite a few websites and other resources, and it
  seems that I'm doing everything right... And as far as I could see,
  the 850 + stc800 driver should not have the color tuning problem
  that the Stylus Color 740 seems to have.

  Does anyone have any idea of what I may be doing wrong?

  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil