Re: gnome-session + .Xclients, stopped working

John Foster (jfoster@augustmail.com) wrote:

> I think you need to edit the file /home/"your user directory"/.Xsession
> to correct this. I had a similar problem with getting the gnome-session
> panels and my gnome defaults to work with Enlightenment after upgrading.
> I added the line exec gnome-session to this file and everything was OK
> again.

I do not use a '$home/.Xsession' gdm loads gnome-session (which is all
in '/etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome') at login. It completely ignores it.
Everything works correctly (Gnome, WindowMaker, etc) except it does not
load my '$home/.Xclients' and it should/used to. :-/

What I need to know is: what could have caused this file to no longer be
loaded and why do I end up back at the gdm login when I add "exec" to
it?

TIA,

Ron
--