RE: pop3 server w/ virtual domains

Mario,

> 	When using exim + virtual domains, is it possible to have a pop3
> server also with virtual domains?

I am not sure how you mean this.  I am virtual serving doubleesolutions.com
and desinc.com.  That only matters to exim.  Once exim decides it is taking
care of the domain, it places the mail in the users mail box.  POP3 just
allows the user to get to the their mail box regardless of what domain
caused it to get their.

If this is correct, POP3 has no notion of virtual domain or even domains.
The MTA (exim) is the only part that cares about domains.

> 	I mean, if I have some users with same name under different
> domains, how to serve pop3 for them? Is it possible?

All mail for that user will go to the same mail box regardless of what
domain it is sent to.  Their might be another way of doing this so you can
support smith@domain1.com and smith@domain2.com.  Smith being two separate
users.  This would probably use aliases of some type.  I can't tell by your
question which way you meant this.  If it is they same person with two
different domain emails (my case) here is what I did in exim.conf:

qualify_domain = doubleesolutions.com
local_domains = localhost:doubleesolutions.com:desinc.com

Mail to either domain goes to user pmchale.

Otherwise, you might have to alias smith@domain1.com to local user smith1
and smith@domain2.com to local user smith2.  How to do this in exim, I'm not
sure.  You might try http://www.exim.org.

Regards,

Paul

--
Paul McHale
   Work:   937-253-7610          Double E Solutions