RE: pop3 server w/ virtual domains

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Paul McHale wrote:

> Mario,
>
> > 	When using exim + virtual domains, is it possible to have a pop3
> > server also with virtual domains?
>
> All mail for that user will go to the same mail box regardless of what
> domain it is sent to.  Their might be another way of doing this so you can
> support smith@domain1.com and smith@domain2.com.  Smith being two separate
> users.  This would probably use aliases of some type.  I can't tell by your
> question which way you meant this.  If it is they same person with two
> different domain emails (my case) here is what I did in exim.conf:

yes, this is what I meant: 2 users with the same name but different
domains (smith@domain1.com and smith@domain2.com).

I took a look in courier-imap (that support pop3 as well), and I think
that it can do virtual domains.

thanks for you answer,

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br