Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I have been anxiously waiting for Debian 2.2 to be released.  Awhile back I
installed 2.1 and was very impressed with the package system and overall
stability.  However, I had problems upgrading to kernel 2.2.  Since I
needed kernel 2.2 and needed a fully functional system I returned to using
Mandrake Linux.

Currently, I have some time to fiddle with my system until I start working
again. My question is: Should I install the 2.2 pre-release?  If so, what
suggests do you have?  Also, will upgrading to the official release be
reasonably straight foward?

Thanks
Christopher Klumb
cklumb@houston.rr.com