Re: entering non-ASCII characters in xemacs21

On 05/09/00, Brian May addressed "entering non-ASCII characters in xemacs21":
> Ok, I would have thought this would be easy, but how. eg how do I
> enter latan characters with accents, such as é, ö, etc, with a
> standard US type keyboard?

I don't know about XEmacs, but in GNU Emacs 20, you can use the
set-input-method function (bound to C-X Return C-\) to select which
method of typing non-ASCII characters you wish to use.  For example, I
just set it to latin-1-prefix, so when I type "u it produces ü.

Jesse

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/