Re: installing debs

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 01:37:21PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Steve> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 10:25:43PM -0400, Chris Mason
>     Steve> wrote:
>     >> I want to install apache/PHP3/mysql. I've done it by compiling
>     >> the source files on another machine, but I like the .deb
>     >> packages method, however, I don't know how to install apache
>     >> with options from a .deb. In other words, how do I specify
>     >> mod-php, mod_mysql, etc?
>
>     Steve> Install the deb and take a look at httpd.conf.  If my
>     Steve> memory serves me correct I think the apt-get process even
>     Steve> asks you which modules you want to use.
>
> Just be careful, I find running apacheconfig removes the
> setenvif_module from my configuration, preventing it from starting.

I just ran apacheconfig for the first time since installation.  It
didn't remove my setenvif_module, although it did comment out the php
modules and a bunch of others, consequently disabling a few of my web
sites.  It does ask you if you want to save the configuration though,
so I guess you just have to watch closely... I'm running Apache 1.3.12-1.

Steve