Re: Corel Linux

muzica writes:
> I read that [Corel Linux} is a collaboration with you.

Corel Linux is derived from Debian and contains a subset of Debian's
packages, but it is not a collaborative effort.  The Debian developers
offered to help Corel but were refused.

> When I install Corel on my second partition (drive d:) the installation
> stopped at 10%. After that the software starts to reinstall itself again
> and stopped.

The Corel "progress bar" is buggy, and bears no useful relationship to the
progress of the installation.  You just have to ignore it and wait.  The
install can take quite a while.

> I have try and error to install it but still failed many times.

What do you mean by that?  Are you seeing error messages?  If so, what are
they?

> I want to know what is the problem? Is my computer has unsupported
> hardware? If so why others can do?

The Corel installer (which is entirely different from that used by Debian)
is rather fragile.  It seems to either work perfectly or fail totally and
without explanation.

> Shall i try Linux Mandrake 7.0 which I heard very intelligent and
> compatible with least fuss?

Have you considered trying Debian?
--
John Hasler