XDM & i810

This is really weird.  I configured XF86 3.3.6 to work with my i810 based
video, and startx runs fine, i can work for hours and hours no problem.

but when i run xdm or kdm, it loads fine, the login screen comes up but
the keyboard doesn't work.  mouse works fine. seems the only key i can get
to work though is the numlock key. keyboard works *fine* when im using
'startx'.  the keyboard section of my XF86Config:

Section "Keyboard"
   Protocol        "Standard"
   XkbRules        "xfree86"
   XkbModel        "microsoft"
   XkbLayout       "us"
EndSection

i use virtually the same XF86Config on multiple machines and only the one
with i810 has this problem.

anyone else encounter this/ have ideas ??

thanks!

nate

:::
http://www.aphroland.org/
http://www.linuxpowered.net/
aphro@aphroland.org
9:36am up 21 days, 17:38, 1 user, load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00