Re: hi and ?

Check out this file: /etc/init.d/network (/etc/network/interfaces in
2.2). I'll give you a example /etc/init.d/network I guess that should be
enough to find out how you shoould edit it. After you've edited it, just
do /etc/init.d/network (on both machines of course) and your network
should be ready for use... (/etc/init.d/network will probably give 2
errors, but they aren't interesting and no problem).

Example /etc/init.d/network

#! /bin/sh
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0
IPADDR=10.124.124.3
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=10.124.124.0
BROADCAST=10.124.124.255
GATEWAY=10.124.124.1
ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
route add -net ${NETWORK}
[ "${GATEWAY}" ] && route add default gw ${GATEWAY} metric 1

The GATEWAY part is only needed if one of both machines is on the internet
and gives the other access, if you don't have that just leave the area
after GATEWAY's = blank.

Ron Rademaker