Lilo-question

I have recently started to use lilo after a few years of using
loadlin.  I have a bit of an unusual setup so please be patient with
my long message.  My setup is as follows:

/dev/hda1 redhat
/dev/hdc2 debian (about 8Gb)

I installed redhat after my /dev/hda broke and I bought a new one. At
that stage I was moving and my debian-stuff was packed already. So I
only use redhat to start up my debian.

Debian's lilo complains that my debian partition is to large to boot.
My redhat's lilo.conf looks like this:

boot = /dev/hda
timeout = 50
prompt
  vga = normal
  read-only
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
image = /boot/debian
  label = Debian
  root = /dev/hdc2
  hdb=ide-scsi
image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.5-15
  label = Redhat
  root = /dev/hda1

First problem: Redhat's lilo complains about line 12: hdb=ide-scsi
Despite this problem I could boot debian as default system and my
scsi-emulation on my cdrom worked.  I was using kernel 2.2.9 so far.

Last night I compiled and installed 2.2.14 with the result:
vmlinuz -> boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14

I ran Redhat's lilo again with the same merror message about
hdb=ide-scsi.

Second problem: When I boot the normal way, 2.2.9 comes up as my
active kernel.  Why?  How do I fix it?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388