Re: what does [shellutils on hurd] mean?

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 12:41:52AM +0200, Ron Rademaker wrote:
> I got no idea what it means, but: Why the hell are you trying to do a
> dist-upgrade when you are running

"dist-upgrade" does not simply mean "upgrade from one release to another".
It means to take extra things into account. Mainly, if upgrading a package
requires installing or removing another package, apt-get will not upgrade
it unless you specify "install" implicitly for the package, or do a
dist-upgrade, which forces upgrading all packages.

In a very unstable dist, it is quite common to be required to run
dist-upgrade throughout the life of it, simply because it is so dynamic
and changes frequently.