Re: Help with apachie

Hi,

Here is an example..

[timberwolf:someuser:/$]> cat .htaccess
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from machine.domain.com domain.com 192.168.0.25
AuthName        "Administrative Area"
AuthType        Basic
AuthUserFile    /home/someuser/etc/passwd.www
AuthGroupFile   /home/someuser/etc/group.www

<Limit GET>
require group admin
</Limit>

I use both a group and passwd file as I allow certain users access to
different areas if they belong to a specific group. The format of the
group file is:

groupa: user1
groupa: user2
groupb: user

You likely will not need the groups file so just remove it from the
htaccess file. More info can be found on Apaches website.

Have fun!!

-Rob