arpwatch and the never Ending Syslog

After I installed arpwatch the syslog grows and grows and grows!
then I looked to the init.d script and found that the ARGS option
is set at "" by default. Would be better to have it set to
"-b" by default?.
I read the init script of arpwach.  the "ARGS" is declared at
the top but get not used in the "case" anywhere.
The line on the script is:

  start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --exec $DAEMON

Is this line correct or is lacking something?
then the line, I guess, should be (I am a biologist, then do not
expect much about me)

 start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --exec $DAEMON -- $ARGS

PS please cc to me I'm not in the list.

             Boku -- BOTANIK
Univeritaet fuer Bodenkultur
        Gregor Mendel Str 33
        WIEN  AUSTRIA  A1180
The ultimate result is that some innovations that would truly benefit
consumers never occur for the sole reason that they do not coincide with
Microsoft's self-interest.
-- Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson, U.S. District Judge