Re: Emacs - was Re: Mail/news software

May I suggest that only people like myself, who have faced this dilemma
in extremis, be allowed to add to this thread.

Having used and valued both Vi and Emacs, I truly had my 'Faith' put to
the test, when I had to chose between them while installing Debian on a
box with only 814Mb HDD space.

It was wrenching. I cannot say, however, that I would go back and change
the choice I had to make.

If no one else has _had_ to make this choice, then please let this
thread die here. It just keeps bringing up sad memories I'd rather leave
buried with a great text editor.

montefin