Re: where are wmakers config files?

rbf@farrer.net (Ron Farrer) writes:

> Where are wmakers config files?
>
>From "man (1x) wmaker":

------------ snip ------------
FILES
       ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker
              general Window Maker defaults.

       ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMState
              information about the Dock  and  Clip.  DON'T  edit
              this  while  running Window Maker. It will be over­
              written.

       ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu
              Contains the name of the file to read the root menu
              from or the menu itself, in property list format.

       ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMWindowAttributes
              Attributes  for  different  application classes and
              instances. Use the Attribute Editor (right drag the
              application's title bar, select Attributes) instead
              of modifying this file directly. There are  just  a
              few options not available using the Attributes Edi­
              tor.
------------ snip ------------
[ there is more to follow ]

> I keep editing ~/GNUstep/Default/WMState
> but evertime I log in it reverts back.

If you'd have consulted the manual page for wmaker first then you
would have read the lines stating "DON'T edit this while running
Window Maker. It will be overwritten".  But that was probably too
easy.  Real men don't read manuals, right? ;-)

> There must be another one
> someplace?

Reading the documentation before randomly editing configuration files
might help.  You should really learn to use the available online
documentation to not shoot yourself in the foot.  If everything else
fails try reading the manual page.  Or if you want to spare yourself
some considerable time, read the manual page first before trying to
fail with everything else. ;-)
                                Have fun, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------