Re[2]: Emacs - was Re: Mail/news software

Monday, May 01, 2000, 11:59:24 AM, Richard wrote:
>  Emacs is far more useful than that... It's still the best
>  mailer/newsreader/text based office program in existence.

    That is highly debated, esp. for people who prefer not to have huge
bloated pigs in memory, don't want to learn a speech impediment on top of
other languages and actually prefer to have separate, specific programs for
their individual tasks.  Simply stated, anything which requires Emacs to run
is instantly lower than something that requires Windows to run because at
least it /IS/ an OS and not an editor that is a wannabe script interpreter and
OS rolled into one.

>  My other computer's running Debian. {www.debian.org}

    And this one is running, what?  Amiga?