RE: lynx and squid

Look in /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg for configuration for lynx (thats
slackware's location.... do a  `locate lynx.cfg`)

Find lines like
#http_proxy:http://some.server.dom:port/
#https_proxy:http://some.server.dom:port/
#ftp_proxy:http://some.server.dom:port/

and change them to
http_proxy:http://myproxy.foo:3128/
https_proxy:http://myproxy.foo:3128/
ftp_proxy:http://myproxy.foo:3128/

If your proxy requires authentication then I'm *guessing* it'll need to be
something like this
http_proxy:http:/username:passwd/myproxy.foo:3128/
https_proxy:http:/username:passwd/myproxy.foo:3128/
ftp_proxy:http:/username:passwd/myproxy.foo:3128/

This may sound bad putting your password into a plain text world readable
file - it should, it is.  However if you're the only user on the box then
it'll make all users use that proxy on your password.  And if you're on a
multi-user box then copy lynx.cfg to ~/.lynxcfg and it is now your own
personal config file.

Remember - lynx is good - lynx can do most anything that doesn't require
graphics (shockflashwave etc)

For the list - how w3c compliant is lynx ?