Re: Obtaining KDE

> How then do I force apt to look at the Packages.gz file and download the
> appropriate .deb files knowing where on an ftp site these files reside?
> (It seems to me that apt is assuming a very specific underlying
> directory structure and I cannot figure out how to circumvent this
> assumption).

my /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this:

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian potato main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de/pub/unix/kde/stable/1.1.2/distribution/deb/potato i386/

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.