Netscape and mp3-files

I am trying to download mp3-files from the internet, but netscape
(4.7.1) quits when I try to do that.  Although Netscape reports that it
has the plug-ins to play streaming mp3-files, it also refuses to do that.

Is there any cure to do this?

I have also tried a beta version of opera, but without any success.

It feels stupid.  I do not know how to get a mp3 file from the
internet to my computer.  I have also tried lynx and links without
success.

I have installed mpg123 and freeamp and have also tried to use them as
plug-ins, but there was still no success.  I did the same with
rvplayer.

Any help would be welcome.

Is it worth while to download 12 meg of files to upgrade to Netscape
4.7.2 on a dialup-connection?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388