Re: Any interest in an Aureal Vortex soundcard driver .debs?

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> i'm not an expert in these things, but i would send the changes to the
> upstream maintainers from aureal.

Are there any upstream maintainers?  I've heard stuff about them
abandoning Linux development and possibly going out of business
altogether.

(Incidently that's one of the key benefits of Open Source.  You're not
left up the creek if a company is unwilling/unable to support their
software anymore.)

> if your changes are good and
> unproblematic, they could be incorporated. that way more people could
> profit from them.

I'll see what the reaction is here and then approach them (if there is a
them :-)

My work is available from http://www.debian.org/~jaldhar/vortex/

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>