Re: Subject: Re: Netscape 6

Oki DZ wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> > Are you running 24 bpi in X?  I have found that
> > netscape dosen't like 24 bpp but will give the correct
> > colors if X is run at 32 bpp.  Don't know if 8 or 16
> > bpp settings cause problems.
>
> No, it's just 8 bpp.
> Does X need 24bpp for showing some of the colors?
> In Preferences I have set Composer's background color to white, but the
> color stays in grey.

You might try changing the "Preferences, Appearance, Colors, Background"  from
default to white. It seems to work *fairly* well for me. The only problem is that
every time I send an email the window goes back to default gray until I open and
close the mail window.

It's not enough of an annoyance to go to the top of my to-do list, but I would
suspect that there's a resouce in the Netscape.ad file that would provide a more
elegant way.

John