Re: Installing Debian from 2.1.R4 CD's...questions

Oliver said:

Almost all modern CD-ROM drives are either IDE or SCSI, so you probably
don't need special drivers.  You will need to specify a device later:

  IDE channel 1 slave  = /dev/hdb
  IDE channel 2 master = /dev/hdc
  IDE channel 2 slave  = /dev/hdd
  SCSI CD-ROM (1st)    = /dec/scd0

==============================

I respond:

So the conclusion is that in the install screen for:

Configure Device Driver Modules
cdrom  Device drivers for CD-ROM drives

I don't need to make any selections because my CD-ROM is an IDE device.

No doubt you are right, but how would a novice like myself have known this?
I am trying to follow the instructions carefully.  In doing so I am refering
to:

http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-welcome.en.html

which is the installation document.  No where in that document can I find
anything which would have guided me to that conclusion.  Perhaps a brief
sentence in the 'Select cdrom modules' screen would be in order?

So I appreciate your assistance as I go through the ambiguous directives in
the install procedure.

Thanks

Ron