Re: changing refreshrate on the console, with lilo.conf?

> If one can change the refreshrate with framebuffer, then i might give it a
> try.

if there is a native driver for your card, then you can change the
refresh rate with fbset.
if not, then you must use the vesa driver - and this one does not support
mode selection via fbset. the mode is set before switching to protected
mode, that is, before the linux kernel is run. thus you can use any
mode-adjustment TSR for DOS and could load linux with loadlin. however -
most vendors do not provide dos tools anymore ... :-(

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.