Re: Docbook: Graphics for navigation links

Bob Bernstein <poobah@ruptured-duck.com> writes:

> [Aside: has the Unisys unpleasantness cast a shadow over these gif files, and
> if so are there some png replacements out there?]

look at http://www.gnome.org->documentation (or www.kde.org)
both projects are using docbook for documentation now, and they use
a dtd on top of docbook 3.1 because it does not yet support png.
(that seems weird to me, too. with docbook being advertised as an "open
standard"..)

docbook 4.0 supports PNG (and XML, now officially):
http://www.docbook.org

please tell me if you find a distribution (like the cygnus one)
for docbook 4.0 with XML.

--
Felix Natter