Planning Upgrade.

Hi all,

Is there any way to make apt-get list the URL of the files it would like
to download? (If anyone wants to know why I need this, an explanation
follows).

Thanks,

Paulo

------

I have slink in my computer, updated using slink-proposed-updates. I think is
time to move to potato.

The problem is that I don't have fast connection to the net from my computer
(only 33.6K) and here, in Brazil, we pay the phone by time. This makes
infeasible to upgrade from the net.

On the other hand, I can come to my university on the weekend and download the
files I need (now with a fast connection) and transport them back home in zip
disks. This would allow me to upgrade (get the files, put them in the
directory where apt expects to find them and run "apt-get -f dist-upgrde")

If some one has a better suggestion that would allow me to upgrade I would
appreciate it (my constraints are: I don't have access to a burner in the
unversity, we have very small quotas and our /tmp only has 250M).

Thanks again

Paulo.

--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva   <rsilva@ime.usp.br>